Every travel must be worthwhile! It could be a travel intended for work or pleasure but either way, it should be an experience worth remembering. For some, the challenge in travelling is not the “actual travel” itself but the time prior to it or what we can call as the “getting ready” stage. In order to get tthrough this stage easily, we must know about the things we need to do or prepare before we hop on that plane or in that car.
1. SECURITY AND KEEPING DETAILS SAFE
– Make sure to bring and keep Passport, tickets, ID’s and ATM cards securely.
– Inform your family or friends about your destination and even your itinerary.
– Make sure you have access to important nos. like bank numbers, insurance co. numbers, etc.
2. GROUP YOUR VALUABLES
– Try to be very simple yet organized as possible. You can do this by first categorizing your things. Determine the best place/bag to store your valuables.
– You can make use of plastics like zip clock in segregating your stuff.
3. CHOOSE THE RIGHT BAG.
– You can use a backpack or any bag that would fit your things but be sure that it is sturdy and secured enough.
4. Carry On
This is most especially important for long travels. If you have stop-overs, see to it that you have ample number of clean clothes. One thing that should also always be in your carry-on is your medication.
5. ROLL TECHNIQUE
Some clothes are better rolled than folded. It clears more space in your luggage and even makes it lighter!
6. TRAVELLING TO WARM DESTINATIONS? COLD DESTINATIONS?
It is a “must” to know what kind of weather your destination has so you can pack the appropriate clothing and other stuff which might be needed.
7. ASSESS THE WEIGHT OF YOUR LUGGAGE.
Another “must do” especially for long trips is to pre-determine the weight of your luggage ( which would vary per carrier). No one wants to bring a luggage that’s heavier than yourself but you just couldn’t help it right? so know your luggage limit if your not willing to pay extra charge.
8. PACKING CHECKLIST
A checklist is always a helpful tool and it does apply when you are packing the things you need for travelling! You can also keep a different list for the things you still need to buy. Once you see that everything on your list has been checked, it will surely give a sense of fulfillment!
9. TRAVEL PLANNING
A travel itinerary is not at all times necessary but could be “something nice to have”. If you are going on a business trip, an itinerary is most likely prepare for you but if you are out on a vacation, you should be able to do some research and list on your own.
10. SPREAD THE WORD!
Spreading the word does not literally meaning telling your random neighbors about your trip. The last tip simply because it is the most important of all the tips. You must inform your family, relatives, friends or officemates about your trip and itinerary. Although you want to feel independent, it is still important to be safe when you’re travelling to a different place. You should also take note of the numbers of the local tourism office. If you have any relatives or friends on that place then paying them a visit or meeting up could be a good thing.
If you’re planning to go on a vacation or a business trip then we highly recommend that you check this list! There could be so many other tips you could share to us so feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.